Symptoms of Stress
It is really hard to manage stress relying on yourself. You need more effort than usual. There is nothing wrong being independent because it just showed how mature you are. You are now capable of making decisions on your own and helping yourself without anybody to help. However, it is not also bad if you depend on other people sometime; for example, your family and closest friends. If you have problems that stressing you out you can reach for them and ask for help.
It is not easy to suffer from stress. It will make you look older and uglier. You don’t want to look like that, right? Preventing it from attacking you is the most suitable thing to do. There are symptoms of stress that you can easily observe and prevented. Nevertheless, there are also symptoms that won’t appear unless it already severed the victim.
Stress symptoms may appear physically and behaviorally. There are people who are more affected and exhibit physical stress. There are also several who are more affected with the behavioral stress.
What are the most known behavioral symptoms of stress?
- Appetite loss, eating would be less interesting and their sense of taste would tend to become dull and bland.
- There are some who gain eating appetite. For them eating is the best even if they are already at their limits. They don’t mind if they start to gain weight and become obese.
- Usage of alcohol.
- Taking over-the-counter drugs, pills and relaxants that may harm the body.
- Excessive smoking
- Irritability to the extreme. They easily get mad and annoyed when distrupted with other people.
- It would be very hard to come up with a simple decision. Hard decisions would be impossible.
- Concentration and focus is now unattainable.
- Become angry all the time.
- Out of control emotions
- Become paranoid
- Too much seriousness and loss sense of humor
- May exhibit weird actions (i.e, nail biting, pulling of hair and the like)
- Easily get tired and decrease of energy
What are the most known physical symptoms of stress?
- May experience headaches in different level.
- May develop symptoms of migraine.
- Involuntary speeding and slowing of the pulse rate.
- Frequent pain in the chest area.
- Difficulty in breathing and the lung restrictions and constractions may be affected.
- Inability to digest properly causing constipation, diarrhea and heartburn.
- There is cramping of the stomach’s muscles.
- Dizziness and nausea, vomiting sometimes.
- Pain in the neck, shoulder and back area.
- Catches fever, flu and colds easily because the immune system lower down its defenses.
- Inability to produce offspring both male and female (infertility)
- Skin problems such as eczema.
- Trembling and shaking.
- Hair loss that may result into baldness.
- There are menstrual cycle problems for women.
- Asthma and other related breathing problems may occur.
Most of the symptoms are signs of other minor and major problems. However, it is important to be alert all the time. It is not easy to obtain illnesses, especially at times like this. Taking good care of yourself just show how mature and capable you are already.